Adobe have been busy with Shadow since my last posts. Yesterday I participated in a webinar that showed off Shadow. Unfortunately I can not find a recorded video of the session.
Here are the some of the highlights of the latest updates.
- Localhost is supported (Yeah!)
- HTTP Authentication is supported
- 3rd Gen iPad and Retina display supported
- Kindle Fire Support
- URL monitoring supported to test and debug single page mSites
- Per device pull to refresh (Nice!)
- 20+ devices
- Device DOM inspection is ("for now") using winrie
- iOS Simulator is NOT supported, but in talks with Apple
- Supports Adobe Edge (HTML5 GUI for animation)
- Full final version expected second half of 2012
- Windows & Mac support - no Linux
Localhost support is nice, it saves browsing by IP which is frequently dynamic.
The pull device to refresh is a great feature, the example workflow to use this feature is:
- Connect a bunch of devices
- In Chrome (with Shadow plugin) browse to site
- Scan devices and notice an error with one
- Change the CSS and save
- Pull down to refresh on that error prone device
- See if fix worked, refresh chrome (reloads all devices)
- Scan devices for errors